The Big Sky (1952)

Mr. Arkadin

The Big Sky (1952)

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Shows tomorrow (5/22)! This film is just over two hours, so set your recorder for extra innings! 8)
klondike

Post by klondike »

Got to confess: for the last three of the 11 or so times I've watched this movie (spread out over about 30 years), I think I probably did so specifically to listen to Arthur Hunnicut's dialogue.
Within a very narrow niche of character depiction, that man was undeniably a treasure, and I know of no film which showcases those talents better than The Big Sky.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Can't agree with you more about Arthur Hunnicuttt - he was a true gem. This is one of the few movies I've seen where I actually like Kirk Douglas, I think if he had played more carefree and nice guys, I might be less harsh about him, but I have no real love for Michael either although Kirk is 5 times the actor Michael could ever hope to be. Dewey was cute and it was a shame he never seemed to get very far in his career. There's a story about the girl who played the indian but I can't recall it. She's the wife or daughter of a director or something and never did another movie. Even as a straight woman, I found her fascinating to watch.

Getting back to Arthur, I too find myself listening for his lines although he usually plays virtually the same role, his pattern of speech is so unique and fun to listen to.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************