Could John Drake be The Prisoner or on Zebra

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Could John Drake be The Prisoner or on Zebra

Post by stuart.uk »

In the early 60s Patrick MaGoohnan played Brit spy John Drake in Dangerman, U.S title Secret Agent.

In the late 60s MaGoohan played a spy, who resigns and is because of this kidnapped and taken to a village in the middle of nowhere, where he is grilled through on form or another for information. While Dangerman was a straight dramantic thriller, The Prisoner, though a cult classic, is a bit on the batty side it has still been suggested that Drake and N0 6, as he was known in TP was one in the same person.

Though Ice Station Zebra was written by Alistair McLean and has nothing to do with the two shows mentioned, the fact McGoohan's spy was know as Jones, to which he admitted wasn't his real name, allows me to think that it's still John Drake

MaGoohan also played a spy, who killed a man and is being persued by Peter Falk's Columbo. This time he had a name, therefor cannot be John Drake. Besides he was a bad guy here
klondike

Re: Could John Drake be The Prisoner or on Zebra

Post by klondike »

It has been pointed out a couple times to me, over the last 25 years or so, by several different Roverites (as "The Prisoner" cultists often refer to themselves) that in one of the final discourses between No.'s 2 & 6 (either in the last or next-to-last episode), #2 slips and calls the Prisoner "Drake". :idea:
Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to watch either of those episodes since my early 20's, so I have not been able to substantiate that claim. :roll: