Henry Winkler OBE

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Henry Winkler OBE

Post by stuart.uk »

I discovered this week that American actor Henry Winkler is an Honorary OBE. He was given this award, not for his acting or directing, but for his work with children with reading difficulties. However, he never saw it as work, it's just since he discovered he had reading difficulties at age 31, he just started talking about it.

Henry is in the Uk right now. He's a fan of Dancing With The Stars and its UK version Strictly Come Dancing. He appeared on SCD last week as a comentator on the red interactive button during the dances.

He was asked if American's did Pantomimes. He said no, but it's a shame. He loves Pantos and the fact old, middle age, young and kids can all enjoy a show together

Of course he's best remembered as The Fonz. Hey.............................................Henry seems like a nice man
Rita Hayworth

Re: Henry Winkler OBE

Post by Rita Hayworth »

This is interesting Stuart, and thanks for sharing more about Henry Winkler.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I almost spit out my drink when I read the title of this thread! glad he's done work for children. That's wonderful.
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Wendy hears the prove

Former FI motor racing World Champion Sir Jackie Stewart from Scotland also has the same reading problems as Henry
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Aaaaayyyyyyy!!!!
[youtube][/youtube]