Jdb1 is MIA?

Chit-chat, current events
klondike

Re: Jdb1 is MIA?

Post by klondike »

feaito wrote:Judith & Alison, I wish you both a speedy and complete recovery. I'm going to be out during the weekend....I'll be celebrating 16 years of marriage to my lovely, first-rate wife. :D
Congratulations, Fernando! :D
You two are exactly halfway to where Mrs. K & I are, and I can bear happy witness that where the love keeps growing, it only gets better! :wink:
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Feaito, happy anniversary to you and your wife! Hope you do something special!

Sandy K
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks Klondike and Sandy! Yes today we're traveling to a cottage in the mountains, where we're goin to stay until Sunday.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

'Nando, have a great time! It's early Spring for you, isn't it? What a lovely time to be in the mountains!
Congratulations, and may there be many more to share with the love of your life!

Nancy
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Congratulations Fernando, we are just three years behind you.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Hello, All. I'm logging in briefly, and thanks to everyone for your warm wishes. Happy anniversary, Nando, and Alison, isn't it interesting how even our illnesses are now so very globalized? Hope you are getting better.

Ear troubles are really awful, and since I already have inner ear damage, any sign of infection means loss of balance for me. Vertigo is a terrible thing, just like in the movies. And you have so much noise in your head (no voices, though) -- hissing and humming and ringing. Makes it very difficult to concentrate.

Monty is so funny: he's been following me around at close range, just like our Beautiful Maggie the Dog used to do. Trouble is, Maggie was ten times his size, and much less likely to be knocked over in a collision.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'm sorry you are still suffering Judith, it doesn't sound pleasant. I do hope it clears up soon.

Pets are so tuned into our suffering, that is as long as they aren't 4 months old and not allowed to go out yet so feel the need to terrorise animate and inanimate objects as the mood takes us. Claude is a great big 13 year old softie and makes up for Charlie's madness. We couldn't do without him though.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

I had it a couple of weeks ago. Luckily, my suffering was short lived but right in the middle I was sure I was going to die. Finally, it was the headache that did me in.
I'm actually writing from the other side.
Seriously, hope yours goes away quickly.
Birdy

PS I recommend you double the alcohol. And the cats.
Isn't it amazing how sweet the are when you're sad or sick when the rest of the time they're such rascals?
klondike

Post by klondike »

Birdy wrote:
Isn't it amazing how sweet they are when you're sad or sick when the rest of the time they're such rascals?
Birdy, are you talking about men or cats?
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

I'd say she means cats.

Sorry to say, Klonny, but I've found in my long sojourn on Earth that cats and dogs are generally far more useful and supportive in a personal crisis than are most men of my acquaintance. (Please note I said "most men," not "any men;" fortunately, there are always a few exceptions, however scarce.)
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks For the good wishes Nancy, Alison & Judith.

Judith, I also have an inner ear disorder (congenital) and vertigo, humming, ringing and dizziness have always been serious issues to me. Sometimes they become more acute, especially during periods of stress when my bruxism gets stronger, so I really sympathize with you and sincerely wish you a fast relief, because some of the worst sensations in life are those of vertigo, hissing, humming, ringing and dizziness.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Klondike - Of course I meant cats and not dogs ... oops, I mean men...are sweet when one is sick.

Judith - hope you're better.

Feaito - my congrats to you and yours also. Hope it was a great weekend. We went to a niece's 21st birthday party. Where does the time go?

B
feaito

Post by feaito »

Birdy wrote:Feaito - my congrats to you and yours also. Hope it was a great weekend. We went to a niece's 21st birthday party. Where does the time go?

B
Thanks Birdy, it was indeed grand! :D